Thursday, December 2, 2010

Poinsettias

I love Poinsettias! I remember my mom always had live ones in the house…the same live one year after year. She was able to keep them and make them bloom for more than one season.

I want to do that.

But with little kids (who liked to dig) in the house, I avoided houseplants and got myself some fake poinsettias:




Years ago I picked these up from Joann’s for a couple bucks a pop. They only had white left, but with all their other Christmas floral on sale I found some red stems, some sparkly green stems and just added those to my “plants”

That same year I found Poinsettia garlands, twisted them with some evergreen garland and made this:



It decorates the top of one of my cabinets:





I tend to put the entire poinsettia decor in one room and call it, what else: “the Poinsettia room”.



4 comments:

Betty said...

Hi, I'm visiting from Thrifty Thursday. I love your poinsettias, especially the garland you made.

GeorgiaBE said...

@Betty Thank you Betty!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Beautiful--thanks for sharing!

Jami said...

oohh! Love that poinsettia garland! Beautiful. They remind me of grandma. :)

Thanks for linking up with me.
-Jami

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!