Not much I can do about the weather but I can share with you all one of my “test” bags.
Test bags in my universe are the sewn up versions of patterns I’m working on. They often get made up out of the first fabric to catch my eye in my
never shrinking stash…at
times the fabric pick is not at all appropriate for the bag, but it’s a test so
I don’t much care (most of the time).
Most times if the sewing is successful I’ll take the bag out for a spin. Did I mention I have 4 kids ages 3 to 11? Any carry all I make has to withstand being packed y the rug rats….which usually means I’m carrying
pounds worth allot of stuff at any point in time.
For now I’m calling this the BG bag—for ballet/gymnastics. I wanted something big enough to throw my laptop, sticker books, DS, a few books, my sketch pad, pencils and maybe a few magazines….If only I had a camera with me as I write this (while at ballet/gymnastics) and you’d see I succeeded in stuffing it full!
I also wanted to play with curved pockets…with some success here. Unfortunately I also ended up using fabric types which have very little business being combined together. The solid is a nice bottom weight with no stretch (bought it originally to make pants—didn’t happen!) and the lining is a cotton/stretch shirting fabric—which I have no clue why it is in my stash to begin with! I thought the check was a plain cotton and then I cut it…oops! No choice but to use it then!
The bag doesn’t necessarily fall right, but I am pleased with the overall pattern and function of it. I’ve tweaked the pattern a bit and paid more attention to my fabric choices while cutting and should have a finished bag to share with you all soon!
I’m in the process of editing photos and writing corresponding posts! I hope to have a few fun projects to share with you all in the coming weeks!