Which got braided into these:
I tried my hand at these:
And learned that my hot glue turns yellow when dried…ah well:
All of the above to make these:
I LOVE these bags! I can only hope that the teachers loved them as much as I do!
The pattern didn’t turn out exactly like I envisioned it; it needs a bit more tweaking before I share it with everyone—but the shape and overall size turned out great.
The inside only ended up with one pocket:
In the next version I may add a bit more in terms of pocket spaces…still a work in progress.
I had such a great time working on this pattern and all these bags! I’m planning a version for myself as well…and am thinking I need to start naming my patterns. Right now they are filed under: “teacher (insert year)”—not much fun and not easy to remember which one is which…
Overall, I’m glad I tried my hand at pattern making again—I learned a lot about drafting patterns for last year’s bags (here and here) and learned even more form this years (preschool teacher wristlets and totes)!
I hope all our teachers are enjoying their new bags! Summer vacation officially starts today!