Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pre-school end of year totes

Let me start by saying, I really like our preschool teachers!  We've been with most of them through three kids now, and one more will start next year...I tend to agonize over what to give them at the end of every year.

That being said, when my oldest went through preschool she picked out this fabric for me to make something for her teachers...I thought: tote bags! 


That was 6 years ago.

Somehow it wound up in my stash, only to be found a few weeks ago.  It didn't inspire me.  I no longer liked it.  But current pre-schooler loved it and wanted bags from it for her teachers...

Six simple tote bags later:




I made these with a large square bottom...lots of cargo room in them!
While I do like the shape and design of the bag I'm still not happy with the fabric...so I'm trying my hand at making some wristlets out of printed denim.  I need six by Friday.  And it's sunny in Seattle.

Never thought I'd be wishing for rain..but I am.  Back to the sewing machine I go!

Linking up here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!