Monday, December 13, 2010

Mommy Monday—when I grow up

The soon to be 5 yr old has started declaring that she wants to be an engineer when she grows up.

She does this 5 times a day.

It’s getting old and my replies have gone from enthusiastic to a nod a mumble.

So when the soon to be 3 yr old decided she wanted to be part of this conversation and declared she wanted to be a mommy, just like me I had to reply:

“Hopefully you’ll be an even better mommy, Missy T”

That did it, the smiling child just had to keep going:

“uh huh! And I’ll have a little girl”

Me: “that’s right, maybe you’ll have a little girl”

“A little girl JUST LIKE ME!” Said with a whole lot of enthusiasm.

I laughed, hubby laughed, she looked confused for a moment, then I said:

“God willing you’ll have a little girl JUST LIKE YOU!!”

Satisfied with that answer she happily went off to play.

The older I get and the older my kids get, the more I understand my own parents…and boy do I feel like I need to apologize and say thank you to them every day!  Especially when I deal with the kids who are “just like me!”

2 comments:

MizFit said...

no other comment than I COULD HAVE WRITTEN THIS POST.

:)

GeorgiaBE said...

:)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!