Friday, December 3, 2010

Oh Christmas tree…

I love white Christmas trees! I think it’s because I had one growing up, and later when I got married my parents gave us that white tree. I would still have it today if not for one little thing: it was flocked.

Do you know what happens with flocking after 20 years?

It turns yellow. It falls off the tree. It gets on and into everything and you begin to use another F word to describe it.

So close to 10 years ago we bought a green, prelit tree. Our poor white one sat in a box (getting more yellow), coming into the light every other year when I decided both floors of the house should have trees. Every other year because it took me a full two to get over (and clean up) all the dropped flocking.

I finally let that tree go three years ago and have been dreaming of a new white tree ever since.

Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to find a prelit, LED, white tree we liked. It has to be LED because we’ve switched all our outside and inside Christmas lights to LED—and I have to say I like them a whole lot more than the regular lights we had before!

Then my darlin’ man came home with this:


It’s a cute white tree which will give me my white fix this year!

I pulled out the icicle blue LED light strands I use to put on my old tree and wired them onto this little cutie!


It was a bit of a pain. I had to start over twice. I realized I should start from the top and work my way down.

TADA! My ten dollar little tree looks great:


But wait…I have a couple of candy cane garlands, a couple of silver sparkled stars, some bells—six dollars worth of decor from the Dollar Tree:



Now I have a cute little tree for my downstairs…guess I can’t call it the poinsettia room any longer!

Hmmm…then again if I find some small red poinsettias they could be added to the tree…hmmmm…..



 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - having the lights off and the tree on looks completely different than I would have expected - very soft and pretty and totally Christmasy (is that even a word?)

Lisa said...

Pretty! The lit up tree looks gorgeous!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

How pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Over from Lori's and your tree is ADORABLE!!! Hope you have a safe and happy Christmas x

April said...

hi! i'm following from the Fun Follow Friday blog hop! i'd love if you would visit my blog and follow back :)

best,
april

www.marineparents.blogspot.com

Heather said...

HI. I am visiting late form the hops.

Fun tree. I have considered getting a small one for the upstairs.......white would be nice. Hmmmmm.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!