Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Letters--the twelve months till Christmas

I love getting Christmas letters! 

I hate writing them!

So I found a way to share our year without having to write:


It's the Twelve months till Christmas letter!  For each month I chose a photo (taken in that month) and wrote a little title and there you have it...my letter is done!

Now if I had more time (and inclination) I would have put more artistic effort into the project.  Instead I just opened up Word, made a table, inserted titles and picture.  Re-sized everything to fit and print.

Easy Sneezy! (the sneezy part is my littlest who seems to have another cold!)

If you use this great (if I do say so myself) idea--please share!  Let me know how it turns out! I'd love some format inspiration for next year!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this idea. Not only is this good for Christmas, but it encourages people to find one great thing a month that's worthy of a photo....kind of like a gratitude photo journal. Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Okay, that is GREAT! I love it.

I've typically never done Christmas letters, just photos/cards. This year, I found a way to work in a few words in a creative way. I'll post it on my blog once my cards have been shipped and are in people's hands.

Tara said...

What a cute idea. So fun too. I love getting photos at Christmas and hate writing letter too! It just feels silly to me. LOL So I LOVE this idea. Thanks for linking up at Trendy Treehouse

Betty said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway and commenting on my blog. Good luck :]

And I agree about Christmas "newsletters", we've never done it as we're just too lazy. We're terrible people, I know but I like that idea. It's quite cute.

Jami said...

I love this idea because I never seem to like how I sound in the big, long letters. Pictures are so much better! Thanks for sharing!!!

Katie said...

I am with you on writing the annual letter! In fact, I stopped doing it. Now that I write a blog I just direct people to it's url. But I love this picture caption style so maybe it'll be back next year:)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!