Monday, April 25, 2011

UFOs—the needlepoint edition

I have a number of UFOs (UnFinished Objects) hidden in cabinets and crates. Shoved into closets and under beds. Some hide in plain sight (where I’ve gotten so accustomed to seeing them they have blended into my décor to the point I rarely acknowledge them for what they are).

I don’t know why I’ve stalled on these projects. After (in some cases) spending hours on them, for various reasons I’ve put them away only to find them again when I least expect it.

Case in point: my needle work.

I’ve done a lot of needlepoint over the years; it was my creative outlet of choice up to about 8 years ago when sewing became my go to craft. Some stalled projects I look at with fondness and wonder if I’ll ever finish them.

Windswept Santa Tree skirt:


Out of the three Santas I’ve only done that much of one…the other two are still a dream away...a dream which I began 7 years ago.

Then there are the labs…


Can’t remember when I started them, but I recently pulled the project out again. I thought I could take it with me to all the places I schlep the kids to…give me something to do while I wait. Hasn’t happened yet.

LOOK! Poker dogs! One I actually finished. Sort of. I never did do the outline/detail work on it. When my son saw it he claimed it as his. Guess I ought to get it done and framed.


These three pieces lived together behind a cabinet door until recently. The sad thing is I know there are more behind different doors, on different shelves waiting to see the light of day….

I’ll start with these three: attempt to finish, frame and check them out of the UFO universe they have been living in.

7 comments:

Renegades said...

Love your ufo explanation. :)

Sew Can Do said...

I think I'm in love with your dogs playing poker one! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

MrsHull said...

UFOs lurk in my home, too. Great explanation!

Now following from some hop or another, lol.

Chocolate Drool and Kisses said...

Thanks so much for linking up, I have many UFO's hiding around my house too!
Crystal

Katherine said...

Awesome...I have a few UFO's here too! Thanks for linking!

Unknown said...

Do you still have the swidswept santa tree skirt pattern? I have been looking for that pattern for a very long time.

GeorgiaBE said...

Yes I do! It'll need to be dug out again.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!