Sunday, April 10, 2011

Kimono Girls

A while back I had an idea to make little Kimono girl dolls (yes, it was for a party!) but the project never got off the ground.

I digitized three girls to stitch at a time:


After my embroidery machine got done, I did a sloppy stuffing job to see what they would look like and to figure out what I would have to change….


For some reason I only have one doll out of three…I think my girls “borrowed” the others.

After re-visiting this project I think I’m going to change a few things with the embroidery file and reattempt to make a stuffed doll out of this design…
What do you think?

5 comments:

sewhappiness said...

I follow from Sugar Bee Crafts Take a Look:-) The leftover doll is so cute!!! I love the colors but mostly the expression on her face is so beautiful!!! Maybe you could check my Geisha cushion cover on my blog @sewhappiness.blogspot.com
Thanks
Eleni

Renegades said...

Cute.

Unknown said...

Really cool. I love the 2D design too -very kawaii.

Crystal said...

Hey, that some talent you have! New follower and think your site is great! If you get a chance to drop by my blog and like it, please feel free to follow me back

Katrine said...

Hey!
I found your blog today through A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design's blog hop :D
I really like your blog, and I'm your newest follower :)
This post is so cute - can't believe you made it!

I hope you'll follow me back and enter my giveaway? :)

Love, Katrine

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!