Sunday, April 10, 2011

Kimono Girls

A while back I had an idea to make little Kimono girl dolls (yes, it was for a party!) but the project never got off the ground.

I digitized three girls to stitch at a time:


After my embroidery machine got done, I did a sloppy stuffing job to see what they would look like and to figure out what I would have to change….


For some reason I only have one doll out of three…I think my girls “borrowed” the others.

After re-visiting this project I think I’m going to change a few things with the embroidery file and reattempt to make a stuffed doll out of this design…
What do you think?

6 comments:

Eleni said...

I follow from Sugar Bee Crafts Take a Look:-) The leftover doll is so cute!!! I love the colors but mostly the expression on her face is so beautiful!!! Maybe you could check my Geisha cushion cover on my blog @sewhappiness.blogspot.com
Thanks
Eleni

Renegades said...

Cute.

SFMama said...

Really cool. I love the 2D design too -very kawaii.

Crystal said...

Hey, that some talent you have! New follower and think your site is great! If you get a chance to drop by my blog and like it, please feel free to follow me back

April said...

Hi! I’m your newest follower. Please stop by and follow back when you have a chance. I’m also hosting a blog hop today as well. Come add your blog when you get a chance if you haven’t already. If you’re ever interested in a blog makeover please let me know. Take a look at my portfolio and packages when you get a chance. Hope you are having a Sweet Week.

A Mommy’s Sweet Blog Design
Join us every Friday for our Blog Hop!

Review and Giveaway Blog Directory
If you feature Reviews and Giveaways come add your blog here!

Katrine said...

Hey!
I found your blog today through A Mommy's Sweet Blog Design's blog hop :D
I really like your blog, and I'm your newest follower :)
This post is so cute - can't believe you made it!

I hope you'll follow me back and enter my giveaway? :)

Love, Katrine

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!