Friday, April 15, 2011

Fabric Easter Eggs

Inspired by Retro Mama and Sew Happiness I decided to make some fabric Easter eggs.

When I was younger I remember making similar stuffed shapes (I did balls, cubes, cones...) for a school project, so making these brought back some memories! 


My kids recognized them as eggs right away!  The largest was dubbed the dinosaur egg, the middle sized came from crocodiles (according to the 5 yr old) and the smallest are just plain ol' boring hen eggs.

We don't lack imagination in this house!

The eggs even got their own photo op outside today:


They now sit as pictured on my coffee table...that won't last long!  I'm sure the kids will be playing with them again as soon as they get home!

14 comments:

sewhappiness said...

Hi Georgia!! So happy to be an inspiration for your Easter crafts:-)
Your fabric eggs turned out great!!!Dino-eggs!!! hehehehe, love your kids imagination!!!:-)
Hope you have a great weekend!!!
xo
Eleni

kitkat said...

Hey. u have a very lovely blog and i'll try to keep up with ur posts lol. i'm from the stalk hop friday and i hooope u follow back..xoxo!!

Unknown said...

These are too cute! That flower picture looks so Spring-y and festive! We featured this today in our Fancy This Fridays Feature post! Hope you'll check it out and grab a button! http://trulylovelywiththelaneysisters.blogspot.com/2011/04/fancy-this-features-20-last-minute.html

Ewa said...

they look great!

amber @ barbwired said...

Oh so cute! Love them!

amber @ barbwired

LrSchwtz said...

What a beautiful project! My daughter would love playing with these! I'd love for you to share this at my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party over at www.laughloveandcraft.com

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Georgia - these turned out beautiful! I love the fabircs you have used. I have featured these today. Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful holiday! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

These are beautiful. I really need to get on Easter decor :)

Here from a blog hop and happy to meet you,
<3, New Follower

Get a dose of laughgter at A Taste of T

Unknown said...

Really pretty! Love them in the basket surrounded by springtime flowers!

Anonymous said...

hi there!
Stopping by from Trendy Treehouse!
Please stop by and say hi!

xoxo
bB
www.itsybitsybrianna.wordpress.com

Ginger said...

Cute! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Unknown said...

Cute easter eggs! thanks for sharing!

Chocolate Drool and Kisses said...

Very beautiful, thanks so much to linking up to my monday sharing party last week.
Crystal

Anonymous said...

Love those eggs as much as my grandkids did! Pictures are so spring/easterly!!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!