Saturday, November 23, 2013

Quilt

I'm thinking about gifts...and all the sewn gifts I've given...and all the pictures of said gifts I never thought to take.

One of my big projects this year has been organizing my family photos.  Digitizing  all the photos we took prior to digital cameras has been a huge task--but totally rewarding!  I now have those pictures as screen savers on every computer in my house.  I can sit and watch them for hours!

In the process I started collecting all the craft related pictures and realized how few I have from the years I first started sewing.

I did find this:

 
I've made 3 and 1/2 quilts in my sewing life so far, and this is the one that made me realize quilting isn't for me.  I machine pieced and quilted it myself (this was quilt #2, the first was just a bunch of squares put together and quilted by tying), broke a whole lot of needles and spent more time freaking out about it than I should have.  In the end it turned out beautiful and the recipient was very happy with their gift.
 
Yes, I learned that quilting, piecing all those little bits of fabric isn't my thing.  So the 1/2 quilt sits in my UFO (unfinished objects) pile waiting for the day I feel brave enough to tackle it...today is definitely not that day!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!