Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Make a fabric Crown

 
 

A long, long time ago I showed you the crowns I made....my girlies are still playing with them today and when friends come over the crowns are always a hit!

Here's how I made them:

First you'll need to cut out your shape.  I kept my shape simple and used Peltex Pellon, but I'm sure you could use anything that will hold it's shape.  This part will be sandwiched between fabric and won't be seen:

 
 
Choose your fabric--I used a stretch pink costume fabric and some gold mesh. 
 
You could use only one fabric--just make sure the right sides are together of your two layers and your crown is pinned on top.
 
For mine I have 4 layers of fabric.   The gold mesh is in the middle sandwiched by the right sides of the pink,  my Peltex crown on the top, pins through all layers:

 
 
 
 
Sew--I used a straight stitch, nothing fancy about a 1/4 inch away from the edge of my crown. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Be sure to leave the bottom open, that's where you'll be turning the fabric to the right side. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Trim the excess fabric.  Open the bottom and flip your fabric to the right side...your crown will look something like this:



Since I used stretchy fabric (the pink)  I didn't need an elastic, but it would be simple to do .  I cut a rectangle long enough to fit around the head, about 1.5 inches wide, made a tube out of it (sort of like a fabric head band--you could run an elastic through it if needed) attached the crown and had some very happy princesses!

 
 
 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!