Sunday, November 7, 2010

Elephants everywhere!

I’m planning a kiddy party.

It’s not until February.

But since I am planning to sew party favors once again, like I did last year with the monsters, I need to put a little more thought into the party and a little more planning…I don’t want to be swamped with sewing at the last minute.

So I’ve done the monsters, the elephants and the mice.

Elephants you say? We never saw a post about elephants!

OK, calm down! I can do an elephant post!

First let me credit the most awesome Michelle Engel Bencsko of Cicada Daydream for offering such a great pattern! I used it (for the most part) but I did forget to put on the tusks! My kiddos loved these elephants so much that they have asked me to make more, in different sizes and with the tusks this time…I’m thinking about it. In my effort to destash I’m much more inclined to make big things…hmmm, how big could I go with this?

Anywho, here are the blurry pictures from January of this year—I cut out all the pieces and made 26 of these cuties. My sewing desk was a regular production line! (better pics can now be found here)


And I did try to give one of the elephants a "tummy"  Not recommended!


I had leftovers and they are all over the house!  If I track one down I'll be sure to post a better picture! (click link or go to next post to see!)



I'm participating in and Photobucket and   and the other great blog hops found at the right hand side of this blog!

6 comments:

Cristie said...

Oh I love the elephants! they are so cute and look pretty easy to make. Thanks and have a lovely week.

Jen said...

These are sooooo cute!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Love these! They are so adorable. I love the plaid. So cute!

Kathleen said...

Oh my goodness, these are adorable. Lucky kids!

Anne said...

Thanks so much for these - they'll make great Christmas gifts!

Ashlee Marie said...

They look so CUTE! Elephants are so popular right now and these are just adorable. Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!