Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Replace a button on jeans...

I hate it when I lose shaft buttons off my jeans!  Incredibly annoying to find another to match!  I’ve given up on matching, I’m just happy having my gardening overalls back…
When I lost the original button, I also put a nice big hole (well big compared to the size of the shaft that has to go through it!) that needed to be patched before a new button could be put in.
My method: just some scrap denim fabric, folded over to cover both sides and sewn on with a zig zag stitch.



Next I button everything up to find where I need to place my new button, drive the nail through the fabric and hammer it in!




All Done! 


Gardening Overalls ready…now if the rain would stop for the next few days I'll be able to move the 14 yard of mulch that are sitting in my driveway....

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Great tutorial! Just in time too, we got some hand-me-downs from cousins the other day. The snap wont stay together on a great pair of Polo jeans, I will definitely try to fix them now...

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Most people don't know how to do this but thanks to you, we now know how :)

Btw, I'm your latest follower from the Boost My Blog Friday. I'd be happy if you can follow back for more mutual blog visits :)

annies home said...

love it

annies home said...

now following you please visit my blog as well at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

thanks a lot for sharing this great idea! hope tos ee you again this week!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!