Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Earings...

My oldest got her ears pierced at the end of last summer, and just recently I've allowed her to wear dangly earrings.


She’s been asking me to help her make earrings ever since!

So I pulled out my bead crate (wish I had thought to take before and after pictures!) and we spent a day sorting through all the beads, fastenings, earring loops/hoops/studs…it was all kinds of fun! Some of the beads I have I got when I was her age!

The things I keep…sigh….

We made these cute glass bird earrings. The white ones are from ceramic beads I got in my teens (my dad was always bringing me home interesting beads and baubles).





Sorry that the pictures kind of suck, but as you can see we organized the beads into different baby food jars and such….I’ll have to take a picture of the finished product since we decided to put all the jars on a shelf for easier jewelry making access.

I've forgotten how fun jewelry making is! Doubly fun when working with my child!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun! my mom and i used to do that when i was younger too :)

emilysnan said...

hiya , visiting from girl creative and following too x tohse earrings are fab and i was just eyeing up your jars too , how weird are us crafters for hoarding ???lol check out my blog and see some jars that i have prettied up x
tfs
xmaggiex

Sarah B said...

Such fun! I totally hear you about saving random stuff - it seems as soon as I finally part with something, I end up wanting it almost instantly :)

Unknown said...

I also love creating with my kids! and the earrings turned out pretty! thanks for sharing and linking up! will be featuring this today! ^^)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!