Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I suck

I suck...I can't ditch this cough and I'm still not sleeping...and you know I get my relax time when I'm being creative, but the cloudy head means more mistakes, more frustration and no mellowing out as I put together anything!

Case in point:  this pattern:


 
It's a cute little jacket, but I didn't have much luck with the dress so I decided to make a test jacket out of some left over sweatshirt material:
 

UGGHH!!  Too big, too boxy, too out of proportion!!!  But my 5 yr old loves the fabric and got all kinds of excited about having a shirt to match the circle skirt I made for her out of the same material.

Sigh...so now I'm at a crossroads, wondering how to turn this mess into a sweatshirt she can wear at least once (without me being embarrassed that it came out of my sewing space!)

But the cough, the lack of sleep and the cloudy thinking is making me take a step back...maybe tomorrow I'll feel better about this project.  Today I just suck.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, boy. You really aren't feeling well, are you? That foggy, groggy mind when one isn't in top form is such a nasty little bug. I hope you get some good sleep tonight. I'm sure it will make a big difference in the AM. Thinking of you.

Beth said...

Just put it off till you feel better, then you can have some crazy craft project come out of your imagination and it will be fantastic!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by!