And cake number 2:
And at some point we’ll have a third cake when we have her school friends over for a party.I’ll be officially caked out by then.
My mom is with us this summer and it's been great! She made both cakes. the first was a quick, recipe right out of her head kind of cake....and it was really good!
For me to replicate cake 1, I probably wouldn't go from scratch like she did. I'm not that talented in the kitchen! Instead I'd...
- buy a pre made angle food cake
- rip it apart into tiny chunks
- slice up some strawberries
- mix it all together with some (pre made) vanilla pudding
- Press it into a mold (in my case just a 13x9 glass Pyrex pan) and leave it overnight in the fridge
- The next day, flip it out of the mold onto a plate/cutting board/cake board and whip up some heavy whipping cream to frost
- Decorate with strawberries and refrigerate until party time.
Cake 2 came from my McCall's cooking school binder of recipes...no longer published but if you can get your hands on one I strongly recommended it! I've never has a recipe go wrong and everything I've ever made has turned out perfectly!
Now I've got to figure out the next cake and the details of her party...and if I figure it out soon I can get out of baking that cake too!